We know when you are moving that it is a stressful time and hopefully some of the advice listed below will help make the moving process a little easier.
To get a better idea of how much space you will need, please click here to access our Storage Space Estimator.
Our friendly storage advisors will be able to help you with the most efficient solution to your storage problems. They will advise you on every detail of your move-in including size estimation, packing, local removal companies and a quotation.
- Use good quality storage boxes which we can provide for you.
- Label or number your boxes for easy reference.
- Make an inventory of all your items for storage.
- Make sure your goods are clean and dry before you put them into store.
- Drain and wipe down freezers, refrigerators, washing machines and keep the top/door open for ventilation.
- Protect fragile items in bubble wrap and mark as fragile and avoid putting heavy items on top.
- Place heavy or bulky items in the unit first.
- Use small boxes for heavy items.
- Put all the items that you need to access all the time at the front.
- To maximise storage space stack similar boxes together.
- Avoid stacking or leaning furniture against walls of unit.
- Dismantle furniture where possible and remove legs from tables and beds to save you some room.
- Cover your goods with dust sheets to protect against dust.